Sunday, March 22, 2009

So I made the switch this weekend. The iPhone finally won me over completely (poor battery and all) and I embraced the dark side... or would that be the hippy side of the force. Getting all the files over has been something of your standard issue trauma, but now that most of what I need is set up and running (when I can find it), I'm very pleased with the setup overall. I've got a super-speedy laptop that when hooked up to the ridiculously beautiful 24-inch LED monitor produces some of the most amazing graphics I've seen in a long while.

The learning curve is a little steep and I'm doing my best to get by using wordpad until I can get a copy of Office and start accessing the vast bulk of my documents again, but otherwise I'm extremely pleased with how it's working out.

I wouldn't say that I've gone all zen crazy over the experience, but the longer I live with it, the more I suspect I'll like it. I'll need some time to really get into the nuts and bolts of the thing and start putting it through its paces, but for the time being, my satisfaction level is high... except, of course, for the ridiculous price tag they put on these things.

No comments: