Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Feel the power(point)...

Let me start out by saying that many, many of you have probably forgotten more about Microsoft Office than I'll ever know. I don't make any claim on being an expert or even an advanced user, but I can weave my way through most of the basic functions without causing too much turmoil... Like creating and editing a well-structured memo or building basic spreadsheets.

What I really want to know tonight is how the hell you get to be a GS-12 or higher without being able to put information into a pretty straightforward PowerPoint presentation that someone has taken the time to structure for you. Seriously, all that needed done was adding numbers to replace the "xx/xx" and using actual words to "fill in the blanks." *sigh* And it needed to be done last Friday, not at 11:55 on Wednesday! All I can say in your defense is that you're either too stupid or too lazy to burden the taxpayer. Then again, why would you work when you know someone is going to save your ass at the last minute and do the work for you. I guess there's not much incentive to be an overachiever... Unless more work is its own reward.

It's the 21st century, people... Technology isn't going anywhere. Either figure it out, retire, or get out there and see if you can win us a Darwin Award. Since you're already doing the least you can do, let's make that a stretch goal for the year.

I may not go to heaven, but hope you go to hell. Asshats.

2 comments:

Jess said...

In addition to "someone else will do the work for you", I would add, "and it isn't YOUR ass on the line during the briefing if the work is sloppy or undone."

Jeff said...

Good point... I wish I had been coherent enough last night to make it! ;-)