Thursday, June 4, 2009

Innovate this *makes rude gesture*…

One of the hardest things about being married to the work is that from time to time you have to face the fact that some project you’ve been working on for a long time just flat out sucks… that it needs to be scrapped… and that you need to take it in a completely different direction. It’s even harder when you’re so close to the project that you need a contractor to be a disinterested third party and break the bad news. Happily, the ship isn’t sinking and just needs a course correction, but it’s not something any PM wants to hear.

We’re going to wrap up the review tomorrow and I’m sure we’ll uncover a few more things that need to be addressed when we rework things over the summer. The hardest part is going to be reminding myself that I can’t be the action officer on all of these changes… Anyone want to take a swing at guessing how good I am at handing off my babies and letting someone else work out the details?

1 comment:

Grandpa and Grandma Paterno said...

Sounds pretty typical to me... I've being dealing with the same issues for 40 yrs. You get used to living in chaos you will do ok don't worry be happy! Always remember that the people you are dealing with are stupider than you are but are just good at hiding it.
Stay on the path to righteousness!!
Love & Kisses, Gary - as you can tell I'm writing this from my profile on Facebook..Gary is useless as usual.