Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sopranos for the 16th Century…

After catching it in bits and pieces several times while flipping through the channels, I finally broke down and bought season one of The Tudors last weekend. Why didn’t someone tell me about this before? It’s like The Sopranos with jousting! Sure, it’s a bit of a soap opera and the historical accuracy is somewhat suspect, but it has lots of violence and gratuitous nudity to make up for that, so what’s not to like?

I’ve had to ration myself to one episode a night just to keep myself going until the second season gets here on Monday. Sadly, I’ve come along to late to jump into the third season, but I’m doing my best to catch up. The 4th season will become a “must see” on my schedule. I just can’t say enough about how impressed I have been with this show… From someone whose usual television watching is limited to the news channels and the Discovery Channel, tuning in for a Drama is high praise indeed.

No comments: