Thursday, December 11, 2008

Eww… Ewwww… EWWWWWW…

There are some things that you’re never really prepared to handle. It never really occurred to me that dogs eat poo, but based on a quick Google search of the topic, it’s very apparent that they do. I’m sure that’s a behavior that can be adjusted with some serious training. If Maggie were just eating off the ground, it would be bad enough but she has taken to following poor Winston around like he was a warm, furry, four legged soft serve machine. And yes, that’s exactly the mental image I was trying to get across. I’ve been disturbed by it all day so you might as well be too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not, and so you know, it is a dominance thing. Pretty much harmless as long as Winston isn't carrying any parasites. Puppies try to throw their weight (especially a bitch) in the "pack" hierarchy by doing this. It is a phase.

Now cat poo...different story. That's a delicious treat, a fine delicacy, they will never turn down. LOL!

Jeff said...

I'm going to stick with my "Ewwww" comment, phase or not. I suppose it's not hard to see why we're the top of the food chain: We don't generally eat our friend's poo. Well, that and the opposable thumbs.