Monday, December 1, 2008

But I’m feeling much better now…

It’s been a while since I’ve posted and it hasn’t been because all has suddenly started going right with the world. I never really fully got over the bug that kicked my ass back in mid-September and up until about a week ago I was more or less in a standoff with it on one side and a small army of over the counter remedies on mine. My guys waivered early in the day on Friday and made a rally around noon, but by that night they gave up the fight completely. By early Saturday morning I was fevered and achy and facing the prospect of a 15 hour drive. It’s nice to know I can make the drive from Maryland to West Tennessee while alternately shivering and burning up, but I don’t recommend it to anyone else nor do I think I’ll be doing the same thing again. By hour 12 on the road, everything was sort of a general haze and the last 30 miles of the trip were basically a miracle. By Sunday afternoon I was vaguely aware of my surroundings again and drug myself to the local doc-in-a-box 24/7 clinic and was treated by a very nice French doctor who decided I had managed to procrastinate myself into a nicely advanced case of bronchitis. Four prescriptions later I seem to be on the road to recovery. I guess 750 milligrams a pop of antibiotics and a codeine based cough syrup can work wonders for your system.

No comments: