Sunday, November 2, 2008

Things that make you say WTF…

So, I was repacking the truck this afternoon for the drive from dad’s down to Ft. Belvoir and happened to overhear a call go out on the scanner in the garage for a police response for a “10 year old out of control, breaking stuff up in the residence.” Now I have to ask… WTF? I have a vague recollection of having once been a 10 year old. Let’s just say that my parent’s response to my being out of control and breaking stuff up would not have been to call the police. Seriously, people, are there not earlier signs that your kid might be headed for trouble than needing to call the police? I’m really at a loss as to what a 10 year old kid could be doing that any adult human couldn’t step in and stop without ending up on next week’s episode of Cops. Just another example of why civilization is doomed.

3 comments:

novokia said...

It might be hard to stop them when all you can do is politely say "Please stop, or you will have to go into timeout". When our parents were raising us there wasn't any of this ask nicely stuff.

sonny1299 said...

I agree...out of control for us at that age was more like I got into a fight with my brothers or sister, or stayed at the ball park longer then I should have...either offense was met with proper discipline and I took at least a week before I steped out of bounds again...BTW Jeff, you were at Ft Belvoir??? Next time you are in that area let me know...I am only 10 miles from the Fort...
Jacy

Officer Russian said...

Brother I know what you mean. I've had far to many calls for "Out of control Juveniles" WTF!!! Oh but I have a better one for you. Would you call the Police to get a bat out of your house? Or to get the neighbors dog to stop barking. I never thought that after 6 months getting my a#$ beat that I would be trying to catch a damn bat.