Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fork...

Ladies and gentlemen, stick a fork in this election because it is just about done. Tonight we’re all watching one of the last things I ever imagined I’d see in my lifetime. It looks like the country is once again evenly divided and unless there’s a significant departure from how things look now, we’ll have a President-Elect Obama sometime very late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Senator McCain has been a good and faithful servant of the republic and watching this American hero go down in defeat is far more bitter to me than it is sweet. My only hope now is that Senator Obama proves worthy of the trust that his countrymen are about to repose in him.

2 comments:

Dyer said...

I totally respect Senator McCain and I honestly feel sorry for him. I think his campaign was very poorly ran, and the VP pick was nothing more than a publicity stunt.

Had he not turned from non-partisan to completely far right after getting the nomination, and had he picked a more formidable running mate, I think this election would have been a landslide in his favor.

I really don't think he had much control over those factors. And instead his campaign made this election into a reality tv show of sorts.

I do hope there is more of John McCain - the true John McCain - to come. He is an honorable man and a hero to this great nation.

Unknown said...

Me and Henry Kissinger voted for McCain. :) It will be quite nice not having to be criticized all day, every day by the liberal media. Instead, we'll be able to criticize the fuck-up Obama will be when the house of cards finally tumbles down.

I'm also going to be rather humored if the Berg v. Obama case pans out and President Biden has to take over.