Sunday, January 4, 2009

Attention Petsmart shoppers...

Dear fellow customers,

He is an English Bulldog. He is not there to have your two year old try to pull on his “cute little tail” or for your little tike in the stroller to kick in the face when she gets excited. He’s not free entertainment. He was bred to grab a bull by the nose and stay there until it was dead. If he weren’t as easy going, that could have just as easily been one of your little darlings learning how powerful a bullie’s jaws can be. But he didn’t do that. He sat and let your children molest him; quietly enduring the indignity of it because that is what I have taught him to do. Sadly you haven’t taught your human children the same manners. At the very least you, or they, could have asked my permission before squealing their way over to him. That he didn’t bite them was a tribute to his remarkably laid back nature.

I understand he’s quite the charmer and most people don’t see a bulldog often. At the same time, I didn’t walk up to your wife and start fondling her sweater puppies because I thought they looked good. It’s called having some slight modicum of self-control. He may not have bitten you, but I was seriously tempted to do it myself. Asshats.

Very sincerely yours,

Jeff

No comments: