Thursday, October 23, 2008

Early Voting...

In one of the great lines that endeared him to the party faithful, Ronald Reagan once told his fellow Republicans "I didn't leave the Democratic Party, it left me." My feelings about the Republican Party are more or less the same. My Republican Party, the party of Reagan, has been hijacked by fanatics and religious extremists inflexible on a single issue and unable to see a broader policy agenda. The Republican Party left me and for the first time since I registered to vote in 1996, today I voted for a Democrat at the top of the national ticket. I take no joy in it, as I believe John McCain is a good and true servant of the republic, but the thought of a vice president who doesn't believe in evolution or in letting kids talk about sex in an academic setting and who thinks that living near Russia counts as foreign policy experience is more than I could bear. America deserves better than either of our alternatives this year and in the end I cast my vote for who I believe is the least bad alternative.

2 comments:

Greg said...

I feel like William Wallace at Falkirk.

Officer Russian said...

WOW! I'm suprised hell hasn't frozen over my friend. Are those pigs flying? YOU voted for a Democrat?

I should say that I feel that because I used to heavily drink "White Russians", I have about the same foreign policy experience as the Governor. So therefore Ofc. Russian in 2012!!!! I've already planning my cabinet.

Your going to be Defense Secretary or Head of the Dept. of Health and Human Services (get those prostitutes to start doing something good)

Krypto is my speech writer.

The girls next door will be my secret service detail. (Think about it, if anyone would try and shoot me, they'd miss cause they'd be staring at them Right?)

I'll leave it at that for now, but you get the picture.